Why choose us?
Active Explorers Central City gives children the best possible start, setting them up for a lifetime of engaged learning in a safe and supportive environment. Here are just a few of the reasons why we’re the centre of choice for so many local families:
- Fun and inspiring activities such as yoga, playball, weekly cooking classes and our much-loved pen pal programme
- Closely connected to our local community
- We make the most of our central location with regular excursions designed around children’s interests (like Bunnings DIY gardening workshops, visits to the local rest home, library trips, art excursions, exploring birds at the Canterbury museum and enjoying live theatre)
- We are big on family and offer our maternity mums an extra weekly session for six weeks at no charge when baby arrives (subject to availability)
- We do everything we can to accommodate last minute bookings and offer real value to our families in other meaningful ways
- Our onsite chef provides nutritious balanced meals and snacks accredited by Healthy Heart NZ. Every child is catered to, including those with intolerances and allergies
- Food is inclusive, and we offer morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack (optional fee of $5 in place for over 3’s)
- Sunblock, wipes, milk provided
- Multicultural centre where everyone is respected and welcomed
- Special birthday and graduation celebrations for each child
We are here to support you in growing happy, healthy, confident and inquisitive children who take real joy in learning. Our curriculum is founded on New Zealand’s world leading Te Whāriki – He whāriki mātauranga mō ngā mokopuna o Aotearoa, which views children’s learning through a holistic, sociocultural and bicultural framework.
The Kaiako (teachers) here at Active Explorers Central City believe the enquiry approach is a great way to deliver Te Whāriki, as it supports key learning outcomes such as in-depth thinking, curiosity and problem solving. This, and working in partnership with you, our whānau, is core to our philosophy, as are our learning priorities for tamariki such as fostering early literacy, supporting social competency and enabling children’s autonomy.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.