Why choose us?
He taonga te mokopuna, kia whāngaia, kia tipu, kia rea
A child is a treasure, to be nurtured, to grow, to flourish
Active Explorers Tai Tapu is an inspirational place of learning that nurtures and celebrates enquiring minds. Here are just a few of the reasons why families choose us:
- Beautiful natural surroundings provide opportunities for tamariki to be curious and take risks, helping them develop a strong sense of self
- Loving and peaceful environment builds sense of security and belonging
- Extremely high ratio of qualified, registered and experienced teachers
- Regular excursions into the community, such as walks to the store and posting mail
- Termly excursions related to children’s needs and development, such as Willowbank, Museum Trips and Flips and Tumbles
- Special excursions to Lincoln Event Centre for music and baby sessions
- Big Hitters every Monday for children 2 and over - https://www.bighitters.co.nz/
- Playball every Friday for children 2 and over - http://www.playball.co.nz/why-playball
- Strong connections with whanau and the community to support our tamariki
- Great relationship with Tai Tapu Primary School including weekly visits with our eldest children to support their transition to primary school
- Lots of cultural activities
- Well-resourced purpose built centre
We view children as competent, capable, and confident learners, and we treat them with respect and dignity to strengthen their mana, help them express manaakitanga, and increase their independence. We acknowledge each child as an individual and create meaningful experiences and opportunities that reflect their interests and extend their learning capabilities.
We’re strong advocates of a play based curriculum which aligns with Te Whare Tapawha and grows children’s capabilities across all holistic dimensions: cognitive, physical, emotional, spiritual, social and cultural. We embrace the uniqueness, culture and identity of our tamariki, and value the way they express their knowledge of the world through creative communication in dance, music, and visual arts.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.