Why choose us?
Active Explorers Masterton is the centre of choice for lots of local families. Here’s why:
- High number of passionate, trained registered teachers
- Purpose-built building with four age-defined learning and care spaces
- Open over the two week Christmas period
- Free food for under 3 year olds
- We use Storypark to share children’s learning with families
- Profile books provide a hard copy for children to look through with friends and family
- Our veggie garden enables children to grow plants from seeds and then transplant them into the garden
- Children eat what we’ve grown for lunches or take home
- We celebrate children’s birthdays and other special days
- Matariki celebration - we invite parents and grandparents to join us for lunch, the children help to prepare the vegetables for soup, and make flat bread. We sing songs, weeks before the gathering the children grow a little plant from seeds to give to their whānau
- Annual Christmas party includes a BYO picnic dinner, visit from Father Christmas, bouncy castle, lots of song singing and family fun
- We support community fundraising events like Red Nose Day and Onesie Day
At Active Explorers Masterton we believe…
- That a positive, warm, caring and family orientated environment is important for everybody
- Strong partnerships between teachers and children’s families means everyone is working together to optimise children’s learning and development
- Responsive and reciprocal relationships are the cornerstone of all meaningful interactions and learning
- Children and their families’ individual needs should be catered for as much as possible
- Children learn best in their early years through play that builds on their capabilities, strengths and interests and encourages them to be confident and competent learners
- Skilled and well trained teachers should promote children’s learning through positive, quality interactions, assessment practices, reflection and self-review
- Maori is recognised as Tangata Whenua and we provide a bicultural curriculum that recognises Te Tiriti o Waitangi to support this
- All children should have the opportunity to learn about their own culture and other cultures too
- All children should have access to learning opportunities and experiences regardless of ability, gender or ethnicity
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.