Why choose us?
Active Explorers Richmond sets children up for a lifetime of engaged learning. Here are just a few of the reasons why we are the centre of choice for so many local families:
- We value a Primary Care approach where teacher/child relationships are fostered
- We follow tikanga practices and use te reo Māori to reflect the dual heritage of Aotearoa
- We acknowledge the importance of parents as first teachers and encourage relationships between teachers, parents and whānau
- Inclusive, multicultural environment
- An inhouse cook who creates nutritious meals each day including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. These are fully catered to children's dietary requirements
- Healthy Heart Rito award
- Monthly ‘Bike Days’
- We celebrate many special occasions such as Matariki, Daffodil Day, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Regular community excursions to local parks
- Transition to School programme
- Four separate, responsive learning spaces fully catered for children's developmental needs
At Active Explorers Richmond the tamariki and kaiako work and learn together in a safe, caring and fun environment. The tamariki interests and strengths are valued and encouraged through close caring relationships, and through play where kaiako are present, focused and responsive.
Tamariki are encouraged to make good learning choices that show respect for themselves, their peers, others and the environment. Tamariki are supported to grow independence, to take risks, to develop social skills, to build relationships and empathy where we talk to each other and treat each other kindly. Kaiako respect tamariki and encourage a positive sense of self in all interactions.
Tamariki are encouraged to learn through uninterrupted play with flexible routines and small group activities that promote social skills, build confidence and self-esteem. Tamariki initiate their own learning that is unconstrained and allows open-ended interactions within their environment. This is an essential part of the learning programme as guided and inspired by Te Whāriki, the New Zealand early childhood curriculum.
Through strong relationships with whānau, parents, kaiako, tamariki, grandparents and caregivers we value and promote learning that is responsive to the individual values, traditions, and beliefs of our community. We practice manaakitanga through warm, welcoming, kind, caring and respectful relationships.
We acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi as the founding document and Māori as Tangata Whenua. We weave Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori into our daily programme and practice. We also recognise our diverse cultural community and the opportunities that this provides us with. The wellbeing of tamariki is enhanced by acknowledging and affirming their culture, language, and identity.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 100 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.