What We Do
At Active Explorers Rolleston we encompass fun and creativity focused on children’s play and interests allowing children freedom to discover and explore within a safe and respectful environment. We do this by;
- Valuing children’s play as meaningful learning. Educators will offer children choices, empower them to make decisions and extend their learning through individual and group interests.
- Providing three separate age appropriate areas allowing tamariki to learn at their own level of understanding and development, whilst ensuring opportunities for Tuakana / Teina relationships with older children scaffolding younger learners.
- Ensuring a variety of free play and structured activities are offered, both indoors and out.
- Ensuring staff are committed to strong Whanaungatanga relationships with families/whanau and the community, providing an emphasis on cultural diversity of Aotearoa and family values.
- Friendly, approachable and professional staff ensure all interactions with children/whanau and the learning community are respectful, trusting and collaborative.